New Parasol Foundation International Photography Prize for Women
Together with the V&A we’re launching an exciting new international photography prize for women.
The V&A Parasol Foundation Prize for Women in Photography reinforces our commitment to creating new opportunities for women in art. The prize, which showcases the outstanding talent of women photographers, will run for three years and is open to all women across the globe.
This year’s prize theme, Agents of Change, celebrates the place photography holds in documenting, celebrating and effecting change.
The new initiative will highlight the work of innovative artists in the field of contemporary photography and is core to the Parasol Foundation Women in Photography Project launched in 2021 with the V&A to support and champion women in photography.
Photographers can learn more about the prize and apply on the V&A’s website portal
Five winners will:
- Have their work displayed at Peckham 24 – south London’s vibrant three-day contemporary photography festival in May 2023.
- Receive portfolio reviews
- Attend a networking dinner with industry experts,
- Be awarded a financial bursary of £2000
- Secure a spotlight on the V&A blog and the V&A Parasol Foundation Women in Photography Project’s Instagram account.
Winners will be selected by a panel of selectors co-chaired by Fiona Rogers, Parasol Foundation Curator of Women in Photography at the V&A and Vivienne Gamble, co-founder of Peckham 24 and Director of Seen Fifteen gallery, London.
Applications for the prize close on 22 January 2023